Ralegan Siddhi, Oct 4 : Though he has not done anything wrong, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not shy away from “agni pariksha'(test by fire) in the 2G spectrum case, Anna Hazare said here today.
“The Prime Minister should face it. His name has come up. He should face the agnipariksha. If he comes out clean, it will only do good. Why should one fear that?” Hazare told a press conference here.
Hazare said he cannot say Singh has wronged. Hazare was responding a question on whether he thought that the Prime Minister should face a probe in the 2G spectrum scam.“Is Manmohan Singh not clean? But what is the use? He is remote controlled,” he said. PTI
From Our Network
- Dawood Ibrahim on death bead, has incurable gangrene: Report
- Police denies Kanhaiya’s ‘strangle’ allegations; accused passenger dubs it as ‘cheap publicity’
- New lease of life to four in three cities: dying Indore youth’s parting gift
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- US cruise ship travels to Cuba after over 50 years
- Rio Olympics controversy: Aishwarya Rai defends appointment of Salman Khan as Goodwill ambassador
- Apple to give iPhone 7s a miss, to launch iPhone 8 next year: Report
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- If you can relate to any of these 5 signs then you might be a ‘genius’
- Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali doubles revenue in FY 15, clocks Rs 5,000 cr turnover