Chennai,Mar16 : Vigilance officials today conducted raids at a business establishment here in which former Tamil Nadu Governor Surjit Singh Barnala's son is a partner and premises of two others, including a former Vice-Chancellor, in connection with a corruption case.
Raids were in progress at Barnas International Private Limited's office in Vepery in which Jasjit Singh Barnala is a partner and his associate M Najimuddin's residence at Egmore, Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption sources said.
Officials also raided former Vice Chancellor of Anna University D Viswanathan's residence at Thiruvanmiyur in connection with a similar case, they said.
From Our Network
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- IPL trophy will go right on top, along with World Cup wins: Yuvraj Singh
- Eye on UP polls: Amit Shah to have meal with dalit family in Varanasi
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016