From that date onwards, Air India will be operating its Delhi-Chennai-Delhi and Delhi-Bangalore-Delhi flights using its brand new Dreamliner.
For frequent flyers, it's a great opportunity to fly on Dreamliner at dirt cheap rates, as low as Rs 9,000.
Aviation experts say, normally long-haul aircraft like the Dreamliner are used on international routes, and rarely diverted to short-haul domestic rates, but the Air India management probably thought otherwise.
The cheapest, tax inclusive one-way fare for AI flights on Delhi-Chennai route for Sept 19 and on subsequent dates was Rs 9,000 on Thursday, but there is no guarantee that the flyer will board the Dreamliner.
All Delhi-Chennai and Delhi-Bangalore AI flighs listed on the airlines' website have been shown to be operated either by A320 or A321 aircraft.
Air India is yet to put out official information about which particular flights will be operated by the Dreamliner.
Air India is scheduled to take delivers of five more Dreamliners by the end of this year.
Japan Airlines normally operates its Dreamliners on the Rokyo-Frankfurt route, but it's obviously bonanza time for Air India's domestic flyers.
From Our Network
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji