From that date onwards, Air India will be operating its Delhi-Chennai-Delhi and Delhi-Bangalore-Delhi flights using its brand new Dreamliner.
For frequent flyers, it's a great opportunity to fly on Dreamliner at dirt cheap rates, as low as Rs 9,000.
Aviation experts say, normally long-haul aircraft like the Dreamliner are used on international routes, and rarely diverted to short-haul domestic rates, but the Air India management probably thought otherwise.
The cheapest, tax inclusive one-way fare for AI flights on Delhi-Chennai route for Sept 19 and on subsequent dates was Rs 9,000 on Thursday, but there is no guarantee that the flyer will board the Dreamliner.
All Delhi-Chennai and Delhi-Bangalore AI flighs listed on the airlines' website have been shown to be operated either by A320 or A321 aircraft.
Air India is yet to put out official information about which particular flights will be operated by the Dreamliner.
Air India is scheduled to take delivers of five more Dreamliners by the end of this year.
Japan Airlines normally operates its Dreamliners on the Rokyo-Frankfurt route, but it's obviously bonanza time for Air India's domestic flyers.
From Our Network
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Applying for job in SBI? Check you credit history
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?