Highlights IND vs PAK Asian Champions Trophy 3rd Place Match Highlights: India beat Pakistan 4-34th Quarter
- End of Q4: IND 4-3 Pakistan
- India will be defending with 9 men as another Indian player receives a yellow card.
- Goal! Ahmed Nadeem reduces India's lead to one goal with a superb field goal.
- Goal! Akashdeep Singh scores a field goal to double India's lead.
- Hardik Singh receives yellow card
- Pakistan win PC on the counterattack.
- Goal! Varun Kumar finds the net to give India the lead of 1 goal.
- India awarded another PC and this time they score
- Junaid Manzoor receives a green card.
- India fail to convert yet again.
- PC for India, dangerous tackle by Pakistan defender.
- End to end game by both the teams in the Q4.
- Goal! India finally score the equaliser as Sumit scores his first goal of the match.
- Pakistan miss the opportunity to make it 3-1.
- India awarded their first PC of Q3. India fail to convert PC again.
- Goal! Pakistan take the lead as Abdul Rana finds the net.
- India's Manpreet Singh receives yellow card.
- Pakistan awarded their 3rd PC of the match.
- India pressing forward at the start of the Q3.
- End of Q2: IND 1-1 PAK
- Both the teams have lost their review.
- Muhammad Yaqoob receives green card.
- Suraj Karkera saves an excellent counterattacking move by Pakistan forwards.
- India's conversion has been one of the worst in the tournament as they fail to convert yet another PC.
- Penalty Corner number 7 for India.
- India win their 6th PC, Pakistan's defence stand tall.
- India pressing high with numbers.
- Pakistan's Abu Mahmood gets a two-minute suspension.
- India's Hardik Singh receives green card.
- End of Q1: India 1-1 Pakistan
- India on the counterattack.
- Pakistan awarded their 2nd PC of the match but India's defence stand tall.
- Good use of referral by Pakistan as referee deny India their 6th PC.
- India awarded their 5th PC of the game.
- Goal! Pakistan forward scores field goal as Afraz finds the net.
- Pakistan on the counterattack but India's defence stand tall.
- Goal! India finally manage to convert their fourth PC of the match. Harmanpreet finds himself on the scoresheet.
- Hat-trick of a penalty corner for India.
- India win back to back Penalty Corner in the first minute of the game.
- India with the pushback to start the Q1.
Both the teams are out in the middle for the national anthem.
Today's matches in Asian Champions Trophy 2021
India's performance in Asian Champions Trophy 2021
- India 2 - 2 Korea
- India 9 - 0 Bangladesh
- India 3 - 1 Pakistan
- India 6 - 0 Japan
- India 3 - 5 Japan (Semifinal)
Match Starts at 3:00 PM
The stage is all set for India vs Pakistan
Men's Asian Champions Trophy 2021, Bronze Medal Match
India vs Pakistan
December 22 (Wednesday), 2021
3:00 PM IST
Maulana Bhasani Hockey Stadium, Dhaka
India: Krishan Bahadur Pathak (GK), Suraj Karkera (gk), Gurinder Singh, Jarmanpreet Singh, Varun Kumar, Nilam Sanjeep Xess, Mandeep Mor, Harmanpreet Singh, Dipsan Tirkey, Hardik Singh, Manpreet Singh (Captain), Sumit, Rajkumar Pal, Akashdeep Singh, Shamsher Singh, Jaskaran Singh, Lalit Kumar Upadhyay, Gursahibjit Singh, Shilanand Lakra, Dilpreet Singh.
Pakistan: Amjad Ali (GK), Ali Mubashar, Muhammad Razzaq, Moin Shakeel, Abdul Rana, Ali Ghazanfar, Ali Shan, Mazhar Abbas, Muhammad Yaqoob, Umar Bhutta (Captain), Ammad Butt, Muhammad Hammadudin, Junaid Manzoor, Muhammad Abdullah, Afraz, Ahmed Nadeem, Ajaz Ahmad, Abu Mahmood.
India vs Pakistan, the Men's Asian Champions Trophy 2021 is available on Star Sports Select 2/Select 2 HD and Disney+ Hotstar.
Asian Champions Trophy 2021 Semifinal: Japan stun India 5-3 to set up title clash against Korea
Defending champions and Olympic bronze medallist India dished out a below-par performance to suffer a stunning 3-5 defeat against Japan in the second semifinal of the Asian Champions Trophy men's hockey tournament here on Tuesday.
India were the overwhelming favourites before the start of the match after having thrashed the same opponents 6-0 in their last round-robin match and also on head-to-head record, but the Japanese had other plans.
Japan were a completely different side on Tuesday as they toyed with the defence of the Manpreet Singh-led side from the beginning.
The Indians were nowhere near their last match performance against Japan as their defence crumbled under relentless pressure from the lower-ranked opposition from the onset of the match.
It was a complete contrast of the performance India had displayed against Japan in their last outing as the Olympic medallist could never recover from the early goals they conceded.
Japan raced to a 2-0 lead inside the first two minutes and that seemed to have jolted the Indians and they played catch-up hockey thereafter.
Japan scored through Shota Yamada (1st minute, penalty), Raiki Fujishima (2nd minute), Yoshiki Kirishita (29th), Kosei Kawabe (35th) and Ryoma Ooka (41st).
India's goals were scored by Hardik Singh (17th, 58th minute) and vice-captain Harmanpreet Singh (43rd).