GT vs RR IPL 2022 Final Highlights: Gujarat Titans crowned IPL 2022 Champions
- RR 130/9 after 20 overs: This has been an extraordinary performance from the home side with skipper Hardik Pandya leading from the front with a three-wicket haul. The Royals struggled to put bat to ball with Jos Buttler top-scoring with a 35-ball 39 as the rest faltered. Samson won the toss and opted to bat but this is certainly not the score that he would have wanted. It would be a miracle if Rajasthan can defend this and deny Gujarat their maiden IPL win. But, for now, in front of a boisterous home crowd, Gujarat have one hand on the trophy.
- RR 84/4 after 14 overs: Hardik Pandya is the toast of Ahmedabad. The Gujarat skipper can do no wrong as every call of his has been worth gold and this time the skipper once again in the thick of things as he removes the dangerous Jos Buttler. Extra bounce and pace did the trick, Buttler wanted to run it down to the third man but ends up nicking to Saha behind the stumps. Gujarat well and truly on top. 3-0-7-2 and an over left. Hardik has done the job. Ashwin and Hetmyer have a lot to do.
- RR 79/3 after 12 overs: Rashid Khan ends Devdutt Padikkal's horrid time at the crease and Jos Buttler is stranded. Gujarat all over Rajasthan. This has been the story so far and that's excellent captaincy from Hardik Pandya. He has choked Rajasthan with the wicket of Sanju Samson and Rajasthan is going at just 6 runs per over. Buttler is yet to hit a maximum and that explains the tight line and length from the Gujarat bowlers. Rajasthan needs a power hitter and Shimron Hetmyer might just be the key.
- RR 60/2 after 9 overs: WICKET - Huge moment in the game as Sanju Samson falls and it's Hardik Pandya who has removed his counterpart. Hard length, digs into the surface, Samson goes for the pull but was not in control and Si Kishore once again takes an important catch to hand Gujarat an advantage. Samson will be kicking himself as this was an opportunity to rise and shine. But, it's Hardik whose name is echoing loud in Ahmedabad. Devdutt Padikkal is the new man in.
- RR 59/1 after 8 overs: Lockie Ferguson is breathing fire and he just bowled the fastest delivery of IPL 2022 as the ball to Buttler clocked 157.3 kmph. The match is poised nicely with both teams matching step to step. Gujarat's bowling has been excellent but both Buttler and Samson are playing their shots while rotating strike. Rajasthan are not running away with the game but Gujarat are in control with Rashid in play. Timeout!
- RR 37/1 after 5 overs: Gujarat Titans draw first blood as the attacking Yashasvi Jaiswal falls for a 16-ball 22 and Yash Dawal provides an early breakthrough. Jaiwal was going after the bowling but this time failed to clear square leg as he was rushed into the pull. Sanju Samson joins Buttler and this will be an important knock for the skipper. He starts with boundary with Lockie Ferguson firing in at 153 kmph.
- RR 21/0 after 3 overs: Jaiswal is up and running and has taken the attack to the opposition as he smacks Shami for a massive six over the covers before collecting a boundary over mid-off. Buttler, too, has scored a boundary but has allowed Jaiswal to express himself.
- RR 2/0 after 1 Over: Mohammed Shami has begun well with Buttler opening his account. A very watchful approach from Jaiswal as Shami hits the right lengths and there is a hint of swing for the fast bowler.
- The National Anthem is done and we are all set for the IPL 2022 final to begin. Out come the Rajasthan Royals openers, Jos Buttler, along with Yashashvi Jaiswal. For Gujarat, it will be Mohammed Shami who will start proceedings with the new ball. Here we go!
- TOSS: Rajasthan Royals wins toss, opts to bat first
Rajasthan Royals Playing XI: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson(w/c), Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Obed McCoy, Yuzvendra Chahal
Gujarat Titans Playing XI: Wriddhiman Saha(w), Shubman Gill, Matthew Wade, Hardik Pandya(c), David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Lockie Ferguson, Yash Dayal, Mohammed Shami
- Right then after an electric closing ceremony we are all set for the action to begin. Toss coming up in 20 minutes.
- Well, we are all set for the grand finale to kickoff in an hour's time and it's time for the closing ceremony. Both teams are geared up for the contest and it should be a cracker of a match.