The COVID-19 recovery rate in Telangana crossed 86 per cent as the state continued to report more recoveries than the daily count of positive cases. The state on Tuesday reported 2,381 new recoveries, pushing the total number of people recovered to 1,74,769.
With this the recovery rate rose to 86.26 per cent against the national average of 84.7 per cent. A total of 1,983 new cases were reported during the last 24 hours ending Monday 8 p.m. With the fresh cases, the state's tally has jumped to 2,02,594.
Ten more people succumbed to the virus during the same period. The fatality rate stands at 0.58 per cent against the national average of 1.6 per cent. Officials said percentage of death due to COVID-19 was 44.96 while remaining 55.04 had co-morbidities.
The state now has 26,644 active cases including 21,784 who are in home/institutional isolation. Of the fresh cases, 292 were recorded in Greater Hyderabad. The daily count dropped to below 300 in the state capital for last few days.
Rangareddy district recorded second highest number of cases at 187 followed by Medchal Malkajgiri (145), Khammam (117), Karimnagar (109), Nalgonda (105), Siddipet (89) and Bhadradri Kothagudem (85).
During the last 24 hours, 50,598 tests were conducted. With this the cumulative numbers have gone up to 32,92,195.
Seventeen government-run laboratories, 44 private laboratories and 1,076 Rapid Antigen test centres are conducting the tests.
According to a media bulletin from the office of the director of public health and family welfare, out of 50,598 samples tested during last 24 hours, 22,263 were primary and 6,071 were secondary.
Samples tested per million population ratio improved further to 88,452. The daily testing target for the state is 5,600 per day as per the World Health Organisation (WHO) benchmark of 140 per million per day.
Out of 2,02,594 total positive cases so far, 70 per cent (1,41,816) were asymptomatic while remaining 30 per cent (60,778) were symptomatic.
The data also shows that 64.13 per cent of those tested positive are in the age group of 21-50 years while 22.76 are above 51 years of age. Those below 20 years are 13.13 per cent.
Officials said 64.28 per cent of those tested positive were male while the remaining 38.72 per cent were female.
Officials said only 25 per cent of the beds in government-run COVID hospitals are occupied. A total of 62 government hospitals have 8,868 beds, of which 6,802 are vacant.
As many as 231 private hospitals treating COVID patients have 9,196 beds, of which 6,402 are vacant.