In summers, skin becomes prone to problems and infections due to dust, oil, heat and humidity. Acne and pimples become common and they are something which cannot be completely covered using cosmetics. However, you can keep your face healthy in simple ways. Here are some easy tips to avoid acne this season:
* Wash your face only once or twice a day with lukewarm water, a mild cleanser, and gentle motion - no scrubbing or harsh abrasive products needed. Make sure one of those times you're washing your face is in the evening, to remove makeup and dirt
* Do not squeeze your pimple. However, this usually leads to further inflammation, which makes the acne look worse and last longer. Also this will leave a bad pigmented scar
* Avoid processed foods, generally high in saturated fats and transfat; it can lead to an increase in sebum production triggering acne
* Also avoid oily food like chips, french fries, pakodas, aloo tikkis etc which taste yummy but contain saturated oils that increase cholesterol in the body which leads to poor blood circulation and can worsen your acne.
* Fibre plays an important role in getting rid of body toxins. Eat cereals and fibre rich food and fruits such as blueberries, grapefruit to detoxify your body and clear your skin.
* Include Vitamin A in your diet as it is a good source of corotenoids. Carrots, papaya, spinach, tomato juice are a rich source of corotenoids.
* Stopping the use of foundation for a week could help clear up acne breakouts, and it could stop any rashes that are caused by irritating ingredients.
* Do not use makeup on acne skin and if it's important then use non-comedogenic and non-irritating products.
* Don't cover your entire face with several layers of concealer. Instead, use complementary colour to blend in the blemishes.
(With IANS inputs)
For all latest news, keep checking our Facebook page