Fear is something that we all face as a human being. Some are scared of height while others dread the water. There are many people who are terribly scared of darkness. Some people even get uneasy if they are subjected to total darkness even for a minute.
If you’re one among those who can’t stand darkness even for a moment, then you should read about this scary phobia- Nyctophobia.
Nyctophobia is a fear of extreme darkness or nights. Here are few surprising facts about this phobia.
- People who are insanely scared of darkness have a distorted perception that anything wrong would happen if they’ll stay in the dark.
- Nyctophobia can be caused due to any traumatic event happened to the victim.
- Mostly, people experience this strange phobia during their childhood years.
- People suffering from Nyctophobia can face many health disorders during night including panic attacks.
- Medical treatment is necessary for this strange kind of phobia as it can affect your mental as well as physical health.
- Nyctophobia should never be ignored thinking it as a mere fear of darkness. Timely treatment should be provided to the sufferer.