Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah has often been credited for the resurgence of the saffron party. Ever since he, along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, took over, the party has only emerged to be a force to reckon with. Watch the video to know more about your neta.
Quick facts about Amit Shah
- Amit Shah was born as Amitbhai Anilchandra to a rich businessman, in Bombay in 1964.
- From a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) volunteer and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) leader to the national president of the BJP, Amit Shah has had quite a journey.
- Amit Shah considers Chanakyaniti as the most sacred political manual.
- Amit Shah was once a stock-broker. His tactics and strategies are few of the reasons he is also referred to as a modern day Chanakya.
- In 1995, he was appointed as the chairperson of Gujarat State Finance Corporation in Keshubhai Patel-led government.
- In his initial days in the BJP, he managed election campaigns for Lal Krishna Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- According to Amit Shah, the key attributes to political success are (vichardhara), value of workers (karyakarta) and sanctity of workplace (karyalaya).