New Delhi: There is still time before the complete rollout of Reliance Jio’s 4G LTE network, expected to take place only by December 2016. However, the company has just taken its official website Jio.com live. Reliance Jio recently extended its unlimited 4G preview programme by six months till November.
For those who are interested in getting a Reliance Jio 4G connection, in the bottom of the Jio website there is the registration form where you need to enter your details like full name, email ID, contact number, state and city. Once you have completed your registration, the company representative will call you in a few days with details on how to buy a connection.
Also the website highlights some of the key aspects of Reliance Jio’s 4G service:
- Interested users will get a preview of the 11 new services in the form of apps that can be downloaded after getting a glimpse of what they do.
- The services include MyJio, JioChat, JioPlay, JioOnDemand, JioBeats, JioMags, JioXpressNews, JioDrive, JioJoin, JioMoney and JioSecurity.
- These services are currently available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
- Also the users can get updates on 4G services of Reliance Jio just by signing in at the space given on the website.
- Customers who don’t have a Jio 4G SIM can only access the JioChat app. JioChat is a chat messenger, just like WhatsApp and supports voice calls, video calls, Emojis and Stickers to let you express yourself.
Also read: Top 5 budget Reliance LYF smartphones
Earlier Mukesh Ambani had announced that Reliance Jio would commercially launch its 4G telecom services in second half of 2016. Currently the Reliance Jio's 4G services are available to roughly 120,000 employees, their families and business partners.
Apart from the 4G network, over the past few months Jio has been busy launching its LYF-branded VoLTE capable smartphones ranging from Rs 3,999 to Rs 19,399. Reliance Jio recently launched its LYF Flame 4 smartphone with 4G LTE on a budget. The device features a quad-core 1.5GHz chipset coupled with a 512MB RAM. It also comes with 8GB of internal storage along with a 5MP rear camera at a price tag of Rs 3,999.
Meanwhile, predicting a much faster adoption of 4G telecom services in India than the previous generation, IDFC Securities has said in a report that it found the Reliance Jio offering to be impressive but for some resolvable initial issues. “Apart from initial teething issues in activating the SIM, the overall experience of using the R-Jio connection was far superior to incumbents’ services,” the investment banking division of the infrastructure finance company IDFC said.
The report said what differentiated R-Jio from its peers was its approach of offering the full bouquet of communications and entertainment services — and felt incumbants like Bharti Bharti Airtel, what with its DTH business, may have missed the first-mover advantage.