Roddick, who retired at the U.S. Open, was broken once in each set. He dropped the ninth game of the first set at 30-40 on a netted backhand.
Roddick saved a break point in the ninth game of the second set but had no answer for an Almagro forehand crosscourt passing shot at 30-40 in the 11th game.
Almagro lost both times he played Roddick in tour matches. One of those losses came here in Key Biscayne in the 2010 Sony Open quarterfinals.
From Our Network
- Horror TV show 'Aahat' returns
- Comedy Nights Bachao: Racist jokes on Lisa Haydon make Akshay Kumar angry
- US lawmakers approve bill to accord NATO ally status to India
- EgyptAir 804 crash: Human remains suggest blast on board, says Egyptian forensics official
- Abhishek Bachchan reacts to reports of wife Aishwarya’s pregnancy