Roddick, who retired at the U.S. Open, was broken once in each set. He dropped the ninth game of the first set at 30-40 on a netted backhand.
Roddick saved a break point in the ninth game of the second set but had no answer for an Almagro forehand crosscourt passing shot at 30-40 in the 11th game.
Almagro lost both times he played Roddick in tour matches. One of those losses came here in Key Biscayne in the 2010 Sony Open quarterfinals.
From Our Network
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Controversial leaked images of Southern actresses
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials