Barcelona's Alex Song and Marseille's Andre Ayew complete the five nominees announced by the African Football Confederation on Friday. The winner will be named on Dec. 20.
Senegal international Ba has been a goal-scoring success in England's Premier League, while Toure won the English title with Manchester City. He won the award last year.
Ivorian teammate Drogba is a two-time winner and was nominated for a seventh time after winning the Champions League with Chelsea.
Egypt and Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika was nominated for best Africa-based player alongside two of Zambia's African Cup winners, Rainford Kalaba and Stoppila Sunzu, who scored the winning penalty in the final.
From Our Network
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Failed at NSG, India set to become MTCR member
- Demand for second EU referendum grows, 27 lakh Britons sign petition
- Ram temple 'will come up soon' at Ayodhya: Yogi Adityanath