Fluminense, which had clinched its second title in three years two weeks ago, ended the tournament with a 2-1 loss to Vasco da Gama.
Third-place Gremio finished a point behind Atletico after drawing 0-0 with Internacional in the last match at Olimpico Stadium. The team will play at a new arena next year.
Last year's champion Corinthians, focused on the Club World Cup, lost 3-1 to fourth-place Sao Paulo.
Sport became the fourth team to be relegated, joining Figueirense, Atletico Goianiense and eight-time national champion Palmeiras.
Santos beat Palmeiras 3-1 on Saturday with a pair of goals by Neymar.
From Our Network
- New mom Dimpy Ganguly gets trolled over her pregnancy, hubby Rohit Roy hits back at haters
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai
- With coming of driverless cars, security the biggest concern: MIT Study
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Tragic! 21-year-old hangs herself after finding her obscene pictures posted on Facebook