Kohli suffered injury while bowling the 41st over of Pakistan's run chase. His back foot slipped in the delivery stride and he landed on his knees. He limped off the field and Suresh Raina finished off the last ball of the over.
“Virat Kohli, who has sustained foot injury while bowling in the first Airtel ODI against Pakistan at Chennai on Sunday, underwent a MRI scan after the game,” BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
“All his major ligaments are fine. There is a minimal injury fluid in his knees. He will recover after the treatment. His condition will be monitored and decision on whether he will play the second ODI will be taken over the next couple of days,” the release said.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Oh No! Katrina Kaif visits hospital late night on Sunday. Here’s why
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016
- Subhash Ghai slams Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin & Lataji
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)