Dhaka, Mar 14: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene says allrounder Angelo Mathews has been ruled out of the Asia Cup one-day tournament with a calf injury.
Mathews missed the finals of the recent tri-series in Australia but was included in the Asia Cup squad. He sat out Sri Lanka's first match of the tournament, a 50-run loss to India on Tuesday.
Jayawardene said Wednesday Mathews had some fitness tests and "hasn't pulled through those well," but the team is hopeful the key allrounder will be ready to face England in the home test series beginning March 26.
Sri Lanka is yet to name a replacement for the Asia Cup.
From Our Network
- Fans went into frenzy as Priyanka Chopra lands on ‘desh ki dharti’ after 10 months
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Rahul Dravid will do an incredible job as Team India's head coach: Shane Watson
- When Salman Khan revealed why he was crazy about Aishwarya Rai!
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership