Meerut, Dec 13: A day after off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was robbed of his valuables, police here today revealed that a revolver was stolen from the house of another Indian cricketer, Praveen Kumar.
“We received a complaint from cricketer Praveen Kumar on December 9 alleging that his revolver has been stolen from his Multan Nagar residence,” revealed the T P Nagar police station incharge.
He informed that an investigation into the matter has been initiated but added that it seems the cricketer might have misplaced the weapon somewhere in his home.
However, family members of Praveen believe that the revolver went missing from the home after the cricketer had an interaction with his fans.
“On the morning of December 9, Praveen was interacting with his fans in the courtyard and in the evening we found that the revolver was missing from the home. We searched our house for two days but could not locate the weapon, after that we informed the police,” said a family member of the cricketer.
The missing revolver was bought by Praveen after his inclusion into the national side, elder brother of the cricketer, Vinay Kumar, said.
Interestingly, Harbhajan lost his passport, credit cards and driving license to a group of thieves, who vandalised his car, at a place near Karnal yesterday.
Praveen is currently nursing a rib injury which led to Karnataka seamer Abhimanyu Mithun replacing him in the Indian team for the upcoming tour of Australia.
From Our Network
- Rajan as much a patriot as anybody else: PM Modi snubs Swamy
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- India deserves NSG membership, US will convince all 48 nations: US Ambassador Richard Verma
- Humour has vanished from public discourse: PM Modi takes a dig at ‘intolerance’
- Deepika Padukone talks about her experience on working with Vin Diesel, says ‘It was amazing’