The co-ordination committee will include Janardhan Dwivedi, Madhusudan Mistry, Sonia Gandhi's political adviser Ahmed Patel and party general secretary Digvijay Singh.
Today's appointment comes in the context of the daylong Samvad meeting that was held in Surajkund last week for a brainstorming session between ministers and party leaders in the presence of the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Though there had been speculations about Rahul Gandhi taking over as working president of the party, today's announcement makes it clear that the Gandhi scion would be given complete charge of the party for the next Lok Sabha elections.
Though the Congress has not said in clear terms, but Rahul Gandhi is bound to be projected by the party as its prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
From Our Network
- Madhya Pradesh govt transfers IAS officer who praised Jawaharlal Nehru on social media
- CBSE Class X results to be out tomorrow
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome to join it: Iran
- CBSE Class X results to be out today at 2 pm