The co-ordination committee will include Janardhan Dwivedi, Madhusudan Mistry, Sonia Gandhi's political adviser Ahmed Patel and party general secretary Digvijay Singh.
Today's appointment comes in the context of the daylong Samvad meeting that was held in Surajkund last week for a brainstorming session between ministers and party leaders in the presence of the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Though there had been speculations about Rahul Gandhi taking over as working president of the party, today's announcement makes it clear that the Gandhi scion would be given complete charge of the party for the next Lok Sabha elections.
Though the Congress has not said in clear terms, but Rahul Gandhi is bound to be projected by the party as its prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special