In the telephone call late Thursday, Dr. Singh expressed grief and shock over the incidents and assured that the central government would take all necessary measures to curb the violence and assist the State government in restoring normalcy.
“The Prime Minister spoke to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who briefed him on the situation in the State. He said the state government is taking all necessary steps to ensure peace and stability,” said a statement by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
“The Prime Minister also talked to the Union Home Minister and asked him to extend all possible assistance to the Assam government in tackling the situation,” the statement added.
Two people were killed in Kokrajhar on Thursday, taking the toll to six since November 10.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Abhishek Bachchan reacts to reports of wife Aishwarya’s pregnancy
- Choppergate fallout: Govt scraps Rs 1,200 crore deal to procure Torpedoes for submarines
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- What makes Chabahar port a ‘strategic asset’ for India against both China and Pakistan?