In the telephone call late Thursday, Dr. Singh expressed grief and shock over the incidents and assured that the central government would take all necessary measures to curb the violence and assist the State government in restoring normalcy.
“The Prime Minister spoke to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who briefed him on the situation in the State. He said the state government is taking all necessary steps to ensure peace and stability,” said a statement by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
“The Prime Minister also talked to the Union Home Minister and asked him to extend all possible assistance to the Assam government in tackling the situation,” the statement added.
Two people were killed in Kokrajhar on Thursday, taking the toll to six since November 10.
From Our Network
- Sourav Ganguly was disrespectful, says Ravi Shastri
- Before ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’, Parineeti Chopra will hit silver screen with this movie
- Did Tiger Shroff just ‘friendzone’ his rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani?
- About first poster of Sonakshi’s next ‘Akira’, Twitter users have wonderful things to say
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel