The chief minister said his aides too had reported receiving such threatening messages.
Referring to the crimes committed through cell phones, the chief minister said he himself had been at the receiving end of one such crime where a caller was continuously making calls or sending SMSes, asking for dates when the tablet PCs and laptops, as promised by him, would be distributed.
"We found this strange, this person would call up, say very derogatory things which I cannot even share," the chief minister said, adding that the police had traced the caller, but he had instructed that the man be let off.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special