One of the youngest new record-breakers to make it into the new Guinness World Records Book is Kokane from Belgaum in Karnataka.
The class-7 student at St Xavier's High School is recognised for being the Lowest Limbo Skater, achieving a roller-skating height of just 25 cm over a distance of 10 m.
Kokane began roller-skating at the age of 8, harnessing his extreme flexibility early on to specialise in limbo- skating. This skill involves roller-skating under a bar set at a height of just 25 cm, shorter than the height of the actual Guinness World Records book.
His father Ajit Kokane and mother Anupama said they are "very proud" of their son's achievement.
Kokane, the only member of his family who roller-skates, said he was inspired to learn after witnessing others perform.
He said he has never been injured, but encourages anyone interested in the activity to seek professional training. He said his inclusion in the new Guinness World Records book "will bring great prestige my country."
From Our Network
- Delhi Police bust JeM module in Delhi, 12 suspected operatives detained
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Watch: Sushmita Sen gives ‘wonderful’ speech at daughter’s Annual Day function