Patna, Mar 1 : A CBI court today framed charges against former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath Mishra and ruling JDU MP Jagdish Sharma in connection with the multi-crore fodder scam.
Charges were also framed against former RJD MP R K Rana in connection with the case.
Designated CBI Judge V K Srivastava framed the charges against them in the case relating to fraudulent withdrawals of around Rs 46 lakh by officials of state animal husbandry department from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries through fake enforced bills between 1994-96.
During the period, Prasad was the Chief Minister of Bihar.
Prasad alleged that he has been falsely implicated in the case and the “CBI had not procured gubernatorial nod for prosecution in this case”.
The central investigative agency had charge sheeted them in this conspiracy angle case on March 3, 2003.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut