New Delhi, Mar 8: Despite falling short of numbers in Uttarakhand, BJP today claimed that it will form the next government in the hill state.
“We will play Holi in Uttarakhand...Congress will not be able to form government there,” BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar told reporters here.
With either of the two parties not getting a majority, suspense continues over the government formation in Uttarakhand as both Congress and BJP made efforts to woo Independents and BSP legislators in their bid to muster the required number.
Congress enjoys an edge having got 32 seats against 31 of BJP in the 70-member Assembly where BJP was so far in power.
Kumar claimed that with party forming government in Goa and retaining power in Punjab with its ally SAD, BJP had started celebrating the festival of colours from March 6 itself when results to five assembly polls were declared.
BJP veteran L K Advani, meanwhile, at ‘Holi milan' programme at his residence, said there is no similar festival like this when people of all strata of society join together and share the fun.
“Few countries in the world have similar festivals which can be used to spread happiness...,” he said.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds