The song is the remake of ‘Tayyab Ali Pyaar Ka Dushman' song from Manmohan Desai 1977 hit "Amar Akbar Anthony". Imran Khan has donned the classic look for the song and is looking adorable.
The actor feels that the track will be hit among youngsters.
"Tayyab Ali song has been reinvented. It is perfect in the context we have used in the film. Also youngsters would get a chance to listen to the classic song in new style and certainly like it," Imran told reporters here at the song launch.
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobaara has been directed by Milan Luthria and produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor. It is a sequel to the 2010 hit film Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai.
When asked how it was working with Luthria, Imran said, "It was great working with Milan. He is a family friend. I have watched all his movies right from Taxi 9211 to The Dirty Picture."
Sonakshi and Imran launched the song in a typical qawali style at Dongri in Mumbai yesterday.
"We all loved doing this song. In the 70s, 80s qawali was part of most of the films," Imran said, adding the promotions are designed keeping in mind the theme of the film.
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara, releasing on August 15, also stars Akshay Kumar and Sonali Bendre.
From Our Network
- 24-yr-old woman Infosys employee allegedly hacked to death at Chennai railway station
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Censor board clears Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ without any cuts
- A path forward for India to become NSG member by year end: US
- ‘Being Funny’ Salman Khan mocks Deepika, Priyanka for their Hollywood projects