Mumbai, Jan 15: Pakistan's private television channel Geo TV will soon present a musical reality show, which in effect whill be a contst between Indian and Pakistani singers.
Ten umpcoming singers in the Indian team will be led by Himesh Reshamiyya, while the Pakistani team will be led by Atif Aslam.
Shooting of the musical competition will soon start in Dubai. Auditions are in process in India and shortly will start in Pakistan, the entertainment channel said.
The Pakistani channel in collaboration with Sahara TV will telecast this musical contest.
Atif Aslam is a well known pop singer and film actor with a lead role in the film Bol. He is widely recognised in South Asia and has given several hit songs such as Aadat, Woh Lamhe, Tere Bin, Bakhuda Tumhi Ho, Pehli Nazar Mein, Tera Hone Laga Hoon, Tu Jaane Na, Tere Liye and many more.
Himesh Reshamiyya had his first success as a music director of the 2003 film, “Tere Naam”. After which he composed music for the film, “Aashiq Banaya Aapne”, as a singer, and songs like Tera Suroor, Zara Jhoom Jhoom and Tanhaiyan went on to become mega hits. Already famous for his voice he started his acting career with his debut film, “Aap Kaa Surroor - The Real Love Story”
Judges of this competition include three famous celebrities, Runa Laila, from Bangladesh, Asha Bhosle, from India and Abida Parveen from Pakistan.
From Our Network
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- IPL trophy will go right on top, along with World Cup wins: Yuvraj Singh
- Eye on UP polls: Amit Shah to have meal with dalit family in Varanasi
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016