The basic function of the smartwatch is to allow users to keep their phones in their pockets and perform tasks from the watch, such as reading notifications, view calls ad emails on its display screens. The Galaxy Gear instantly alerts you to new text messages, provided you aren't using your smartphone when they arrive, and you can use S Voice rather than a templated message to quickly send a reply. Received messages are then archived within the Notifications app, though it is not possible to view sent messages from the smartwatch.
The Gear sports a basic camera and works with popular social media and fitness apps such as Twitter and RunKeeper.
The device currently works with some Samsung devices: The Galaxy Note 2 and 3, S3 and S4, and the 2014 edition of the Note 10.1.
The Galaxy Gear comes in six colours - Jet Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, and Lime Green.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Just 1 movie crosses Rs 100 cr mark in 2016. Is Bollywood losing its charm?
- You have seen intriguing poster of ‘Dishoom’. Now, know the plot of this John Abraham-Varun Dhawan film
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- 1,780 km rail lines commissioned, 6,000 km highways built in 2015-16