The basic function of the smartwatch is to allow users to keep their phones in their pockets and perform tasks from the watch, such as reading notifications, view calls ad emails on its display screens. The Galaxy Gear instantly alerts you to new text messages, provided you aren't using your smartphone when they arrive, and you can use S Voice rather than a templated message to quickly send a reply. Received messages are then archived within the Notifications app, though it is not possible to view sent messages from the smartwatch.
The Gear sports a basic camera and works with popular social media and fitness apps such as Twitter and RunKeeper.
The device currently works with some Samsung devices: The Galaxy Note 2 and 3, S3 and S4, and the 2014 edition of the Note 10.1.
The Galaxy Gear comes in six colours - Jet Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, and Lime Green.
From Our Network
- IIT-Delhi develops affordable 'smart' cane for blind
- Mobile buying guide: Top 7 display screens; all you need to know
- India ratifies WTO agreement to boost global economic integration
- Mercedes Benz S600: Features of world's most sophisticated armoured vehicle acquired by Mukesh Ambani!
- Paytm accuses rival Snapdeal’s owned company of stealing data
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special