Do you sometimes feel dejected because you don't have a college degree? Or do you think that education is the ultimate yardstick for success? Well, the truth is this is not always true. See the below list to know about some successful entrepreneurs who were dropouts.
10. Li Ka Shing
Company: Hutchinson Whampoa
Hutchinson Whampoa is one of the largest conglomerates in Hong Kong, with operations in 50 countries and more than 220,000 staff worldwide. He dropped out of school at the age of 15 and started out by selling watch bands. He is the world's largest operator of container terminals, world's largest health and beauty retailer, a major supplier of electricity to Hong Kong and a real estate developer. However, he has announced plans to donate one-third of wealth over time. His eldest son Victor helps him run his massive empire. As of 2015 Forbes list, Li Ka-shing has an estimated wealth of $33.3 billion.
From Our Network
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Amitabh Bachchan reacts over Amar Singh’s apology statement about Jaya Bachchan
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Udta Punjab’ has already defeated Salman Khan’s PRDP in this department
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?