Saturday, April 27, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Sports
  4. Cricket
  5. Afridi Confident Of Retaining World Cup T20

Afridi Confident Of Retaining World Cup T20

Pakistani skipper Shahid Afridi said on Thursday that his team would once more clinch the World Twenty20 Championship title provided the players display similar teamwork as they did in England last year. Afridi said his

PTI PTI Updated on: April 15, 2010 20:21 IST
afridi confident of retaining world cup t20
afridi confident of retaining world cup t20

Pakistani skipper Shahid Afridi said on Thursday that his team would once more clinch the World Twenty20 Championship title provided the players display similar teamwork as they did in England last year.

Afridi said his side was capable of repeating the 2009 heroics but stressed the players would have to be consistent and at the peak of their forms throughout the tournament.

"All the players are looking forward to the ICC World Twenty20 2010 as it will be the first time in more than a decade that we will be going into a tournament as the defending champion," Afridi said here Thursday during a press briefing after ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat showed off World T20 Trophy along with PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt.

"It is a pleasant feeling and although it adds to pressure, it also gives you the belief and confidence that if you can do it once, you can do it again.

"The players know they will be carrying the expectations of their fans on their shoulders and, therefore, I'm sure they will leave no stone unturned in giving their best.

"The victory at Lord's was due to a result of excellent team work and if we again play as a unit, and support and back each other, I don't see any reason why we can't repeat our performance in England."

"I am happy with the fifteen players I have for the campaign and each of them is capable of delivering the team in the World T20 matches," Afridi said.

Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Sports and Cricket Section

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement