One place that gives solace after a long tiring day or a trip is one's home. Whether it is full of comforts or lacks any, but still, the relief that it offers is unmatchable to even the most luxurious hotels of the world.
Though one's home and family are in themselves sufficient to bring smile and positive vibes in one's life but still one can bring more of them by following tips offered by ancient Indian science ‘Vastu Shastra'.
These tips not only make you more organized and happy but even help you in dispelling negativity from your home. Follow them for peace and prosperity in your life -
1) Always play devotional songs or hymns for some time in the morning. These help ward off the negative energies that must have entered with the darkness the previous night.
2) Never keep the broomstick in standing position. Don't touch it with feet. Also, do not cross over it as this allows poverty to enter in. Always keep the broomstick hidden or at a place which is not visible upfront.
3) Never have food on bed as this causes nightmares.
4) Never keep your footwear spread on the floor of the house as this brings disharmony in the home.
5) Always pray in the morning between 6 and 8 AM only. Try your best to face either East or North direction while offering prayers. It is considered better if one offers prayers while sitting on a jute mat.
6) Always take out first ‘chapati' for cow as this appeases Gods and the ancestors.
7) Always keep a ‘kalash' (an urn or a pitcher) filled with water near the prayer place or temple at home. Preferably, this place should be the ‘Ishan Kon' or Northeast direction of your home.
8) Never blow ‘aarti', ‘deep' or any holy fire with mouth as this is considered inauspicious.
9) Always keep the incensed material of the temple (‘dhoop', ‘agarbatti', ‘Hawan' material etc) in the ‘Agni Kon' or the Southeast direction of your home.
10) Always make a ‘Swastik' symbol on the right side of the main entrance of the home.
11) Never allow the cob webs to develop on the walls of your home as this leads to a bad effect on one's fortune and deeds.
12) Atleast once a week one should mop the home with rock salt or ‘sendha namak'. This dispels negative energies from home.
13) Try that the first rays of the sun may reach your prayer place or temple.
14) If the sculpture of a ‘God' or ‘Goddess' has been established in your home (Also known as ‘Murti Sthapana' or ‘Murti pratishthan') then try your best to revere it on regular basis.
Right time to drink water
1) 3 glasses soon after getting up. This activates the inner energies.
2) 1 glass after bath. This ends blood pressure.
3) 2 glasses half an hour before meal. This improves digestion.
4) ½ a glass before sleeping. This prevents heart attack.