1. You Are At:
  2. Home
  3. India News
  4. Nearly 100 Bihar students fall sick after consuming dinner in hostel

Nearly 100 Bihar students fall sick after consuming dinner in hostel

Students of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalay in Barahiya complained of uneasiness soon after consuming dinner at their hostel late on Thursday.

Edited by: India TV News Desk, New Delhi [ Published on: July 13, 2018 13:26 IST ]
Image Source : REPRESENTATIONAL IMAGE

Nearly 100 Bihar students fall sick after consuming hostel dinner

Around 100 students have fallen sick, apparently due to food poisoning, at a government-run residential school in Bihar, said an official. The incident has been reported from Lakhisarai district in the state.

Soon after consuming dinner at their hostel late on Thursday, students of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalay in Barahiya complained of uneasiness, the district official said.

They complained of stomach pain, nausea and loose motion. Many also vomited, following which they were admitted to a government hospital for treatment.

Parents who reached the school after receiving information about their wards have alleged poor quality food is being served at the school.

10 students have been referred to the Sadar hospital after their condition deteriorated, said Lakhisarai District Magistrate SK Choudhary.

Choudhary has assured a probe into the incident.

Promoted Content

Write a comment

india-vs-england-2018
monsoon-climate-change