1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. Education
  4. Higher Studies
  5. Uttar Pradesh cancels all university exams except for final-year students

Uttar Pradesh cancels all university exams except for final-year students

Uttar Pradesh government has decided to cancel all university exams except for final-year students amid coronavirus concerns, Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma announced today. The examinations for final year/semester will be conducted by September-end via offline or blended mode, he said.

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk
New Delhi Updated on: July 16, 2020 19:53 IST
uttar pradesh university exams, uttar pradesh exams, uttar pradesh final year exams, final year exam
Image Source : PTI

FILE

Uttar Pradesh government has decided to cancel all university exams except for final-year students amid coronavirus concerns, Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma announced today. The examinations for final year/semester will be conducted by September-end via offline or blended mode, he said. 

Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education has also cut down the syllabus by 30 percent this year. The remaining 70 percent of syllabus will be taught in three parts. An academic calendar will soon be issued. 

"If any student could not appear for the last year/semester examinations, he will be given another chance. As per the convenience of the universities, another examination will be held for such students. This provision will be applicable for this academic year only," Sharma said.

Latest Education News

Fight against Coronavirus: Full coverage

Write a comment

X