New Delhi: On a day that reports suggested that the much-anticipated commercial launch of Reliance 4G services Jio would happen on August 15 and bring with it some exciting calling and data offers, Airtel, one of India’s largest telecommunications services providers, today announced the launch of Happy Hours for its prepaid customers. The ‘Happy Hours’ will let Airtel pre-paid customers to get 50 percent data back for all in-app content downloads carried on between 3.00 am and 5.00 am.
‘Happy Hours’ is available to all Airtel pre-paid customers and the data back will be credited after 6.00 am every day. For example if a customer schedules a video download of 100 MB, then 50 MB will be credited back to his/her account after 6AM.
Few points offered by the Happy Hours initiative:
- Data consumed on all regular prepaid data packs, except discounted night products such as double data packs, will be eligible for the 50 pc data back.
- If a customer does not have a data pack, a discounted volume based charge of 0.4 Paisa/10Kb will apply during Happy Hours.
- App developers can incorporate Airtel Happy Hours and give users the option to automatically schedule downloads.
- Users can choose the ‘Smart Offline’ option in YouTube and select ‘Save overnight with Airtel Happy Hours’ to save the video between 3.00 am and 5.00 am.
- A full API integration kit is available to developers on sign-up at www.airtel.in/happyhours.
Ajai Puri, Director - Operations (India & South Asia), Bharti Airtel, said in a media report said, “Happy Hours is yet another innovation from Airtel and a win-win proposition for both customers and developers. While customers get the benefit of convenience & value, developers can look forward to higher in-app content uptake. We invite all app developers to leverage this innovative product.”
Interestingly, this initiative has been taken on the same day as reports emerged about the possibility of Jio launching its services on August 15. Reliance Jio will be offering its 4G services that comprises voice and video calling, unlimited messaging, data, bundled Jio apps and more.