The final, between Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai Indians, will go ahead at the Eden Gardens, a top BCCI source told PTI.
CSK seem to be a team in turmoil after Gurunath Meiyappa, son-in-law of BCCI President N Srinivasan and the CEO of the side, was arrested by the Mumbai Police yesterday.
Asked whether CSK would face termination as per clause 12.3 © of the IPL contracts for team, the source said, “so far the allegations have not been proved in the court of law.
A person has to be found guilty, right now the Mumbai Police are interrogating him (Gurunath).”
The clause provides for termination if a franchisee, any franchisee group company and/or any owner acts in any way which adversely affects the reputation or standing of the league, the BCCI-IPL or the game of cricket.
From Our Network
- Here’s how Mrs. Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is flaunting her marital status
- No faith in climate prevailing in country: Full text of Vijay Mallya’s letter to Rajya Sabha Ethics Committee
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Watch: Akshay, Riteish, Abhishek got into a car and humorously ruined a classic Hindi song
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?