The final, between Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai Indians, will go ahead at the Eden Gardens, a top BCCI source told PTI.
CSK seem to be a team in turmoil after Gurunath Meiyappa, son-in-law of BCCI President N Srinivasan and the CEO of the side, was arrested by the Mumbai Police yesterday.
Asked whether CSK would face termination as per clause 12.3 © of the IPL contracts for team, the source said, “so far the allegations have not been proved in the court of law.
A person has to be found guilty, right now the Mumbai Police are interrogating him (Gurunath).”
The clause provides for termination if a franchisee, any franchisee group company and/or any owner acts in any way which adversely affects the reputation or standing of the league, the BCCI-IPL or the game of cricket.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016