The Chief Justice of India acts as the chancellor of this university
It was this astrologer who had predicted that Mamata Banerjee would come to power in May, 2011, reports the Bengali newspaper Bartaman.
Not only this, two persons totally unrelated to legal education - artist Shuvaprasanna Roy and Trinamool's education cell leader Krishnakali Basu - have also been appointed members of the general council.
The two appointees replaced legal luminaries like former Bombay High Court chief justice Chittatosh Mukherjee and Calcutta High Court's former judge Moloy Sengupta.
From Our Network
- Rs 56 crore? Is this what Akshay Kumar is charging for his upcoming movie?
- Sheila Dikshit ‘turns down’ Congress’ offer to be CM face for UP polls: report
- Economist or Banker? 7 candidates likely to succeed Rajan at RBI
- Amid attacks by Subramanian Swamy, FM Arun Jaitley cuts short his China visit
- India joins MTCR, first entry into any multilateral export control regime