The Chief Justice of India acts as the chancellor of this university
It was this astrologer who had predicted that Mamata Banerjee would come to power in May, 2011, reports the Bengali newspaper Bartaman.
Not only this, two persons totally unrelated to legal education - artist Shuvaprasanna Roy and Trinamool's education cell leader Krishnakali Basu - have also been appointed members of the general council.
The two appointees replaced legal luminaries like former Bombay High Court chief justice Chittatosh Mukherjee and Calcutta High Court's former judge Moloy Sengupta.
From Our Network
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Kainchi Dham: The temple Steve Jobs advised Mark Zuckerberg to visit
- Railways rolls back Rs 30 service charge on credit/debit card booking at reservation counters
- Incident not racist, guilty will be punished: EAM tells African students
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan