Top sources in the department said Gadkari has been asked for his personal appearance so that he can be confronted with the documents and probe conducted by the I-T in this regard in the last few months.
“He had sought an adjournement for two weeks citing that he is not present in Nagpur. He has been given the extension and the new date for appearance is January 21,” they said.
We need to confront him with the probe that we have conducted and verify the facts, they added.
The department has been probing various firms that invested in Gadkari's company Purti Power and Sugar Limited (PPSL) and the probe unit here has sent a report in this regard to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in Delhi.
The department, according to sources, has allegedly found the details of almost 30 companies that have been “in transactions” with PPSL.
From Our Network
- Sheetal Dugar, mother of three, and the first Indian woman to own a Lamborghini Huracan
- Wife’s dear hubby: Will Shahid Kapoor miss ‘Udta Punjab’ promotions because of pregnant Mira Rajput?
- Airstrikes kill 23 in Syria, Russia denies involvement
- After Swacch Bharat Cess, Modi govt's Krishi Kalyan tax comes into force from June 1; here’s what it will impact
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!