"The Mi-171A2 is the long-awaited latest model in the Mi-8/17 family - one of the most popular helicopters in the world," Roman Kirillov, a spokesman for Russian Helicopters, said Monday.
According to the official, the helicopter benefits from new engines and transmission, a new rotor system, a modernized integrated avionics suite, better technical and operational characteristics, a new operations and maintenance system.
The new aircraft will also have significantly reduced running cost per hour, he said.
From Our Network
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- Things on Sunny Leone’s bucket list- Swimming with sharks & going to ashrams
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, now Milkha Singh upset over Salman's appointment as goodwill ambassador
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics