"The Mi-171A2 is the long-awaited latest model in the Mi-8/17 family - one of the most popular helicopters in the world," Roman Kirillov, a spokesman for Russian Helicopters, said Monday.
According to the official, the helicopter benefits from new engines and transmission, a new rotor system, a modernized integrated avionics suite, better technical and operational characteristics, a new operations and maintenance system.
The new aircraft will also have significantly reduced running cost per hour, he said.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: PM Modi on IPL row
- Work on border fencing on Indo-Bangla border to be completed
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Militants ambush CRPF bus in Kashmir; eight soldiers martyred, 24 injured