Named Hari Om Ashram in village Manai, this is the place where the girl alleges she was raped by the 74-year old godman on Independence Day night.
The 16-year-old girl, currently studying in Class 12 is a student of the Gurukul run by Asaram Bapu in Chhindwara, MP, for the last four years. The girl hails from Shahjahanpur, UP.
Jodhpur police has said, Asaram Bapu was in Jodhpur and was staying in the ashram, where the girl alleges she was raped.
The girl alongwith her parents were called to the ashram on Aug 14. Asaram Bapu had reached Jodhpur from Barmer on Aug 9 for "ekantavaas" (solitary stay).
From Our Network
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Brexit fallout: Scotland mulls independence from UK, Londoners demand separate country
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Won’t Keep an Account of Our Bullets if Pak Fires First, says Rajnath on Pampore attack
- Delhi-NCR tops list of India's most funded startup cities