Named Hari Om Ashram in village Manai, this is the place where the girl alleges she was raped by the 74-year old godman on Independence Day night.
The 16-year-old girl, currently studying in Class 12 is a student of the Gurukul run by Asaram Bapu in Chhindwara, MP, for the last four years. The girl hails from Shahjahanpur, UP.
Jodhpur police has said, Asaram Bapu was in Jodhpur and was staying in the ashram, where the girl alleges she was raped.
The girl alongwith her parents were called to the ashram on Aug 14. Asaram Bapu had reached Jodhpur from Barmer on Aug 9 for "ekantavaas" (solitary stay).
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special