New Jersey, Feb 20: Whitney Houston was laid to rest at a private ceremony in New Jersey on Sunday.
Earlier the hearse with her coffin left the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, followed by limousines carrying close family and friends.
Houston was buried at the cemetery in Westfield where her father was interred in 2003.
Crowds of onlookers gathered along the route to her gravesite as the police-escorted motorcade made its way to the cemetery.
Houston died on 11 February in Beverly Hills, California, on the eve of the Grammy music awards aged 48.
No cause of death has yet been determined.
From Our Network
- New ‘Khan War’ in making? Is Aamir Khan unhappy with Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ trailer?
- Just 1 movie crosses Rs 100 cr mark in 2016. Is Bollywood losing its charm?
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- Heavy rainfall to hit drought-affected states in 3-5 days, predicts IMD
- Army kills 8 insurgents in Myanmar responsible for Manipur ambush