Here is our pick of the top young entrepreneurs:
Neha Juneja, 27, from Greenway Grameen Infra, a Mumbai based startup, recently hogged the limelight when her company Greenway Grameen Infra won the 2012 Intel Global Challenge at Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, receiving $50,000 from the Intel Foundation. Her company has developed Greenway Smart Stove which is a patent-pending cookstove designed as a modern replacement for traditional mud chulhas. The design of Greenway Grameen Infra was selected from ideas presented by more than 150,000 students from more than 50 countries.
The firm's biomass-based stove increases fuel efficiency and targets consumers in rural areas. The single-burner, high-efficiency cook stove uses 65 per cent less fuel and produces 80 per cent less smoke than traditional chulhas. In late 2011, the company won the Businessworld Young Entrepreneur Award.
From Our Network
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- Thank you for attending, but seating as per protocol: Jayalalithaa tells Stalin
- Earth's 10 Most Mysterious Lost Worlds and its rare species
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- IPL 2016: De Villiers singlehandedly takes RCB into final