Mumbai, Mar 13 : The rupee rose marginally by 5 paise to Rs 49.92 against the US dollar on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market in early trade today on increased foreign fund inflows.
Dealers said increased foreign capital inflows amid higher opening in local equities mainly kept the rupee sentiment firm.
Also, gains in euro against the dollar overseas kept rupee's sentiments firm.
The rupee had closed 13 paise lower at Rs 49.97/98 over its previous close against the American currency yesterday on fresh dollar demand from banks and importers.
Meanwhile, the 30-share BSE Sensex moved up by 172.30 points, or 0.97 per cent, to 17,759.97.
From Our Network
- SEBI on recovery mode, 4700 acres of Sahara's land put on sale
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- To counter Sahara and Sardha like Ponzi schemes, Modi govt may bring a new bill
- UP horror: 15-yr-old girl raped, murdered and tied to tree
- Missing Pakistani boy found in Rajasthan after 2 years