Uttar Pradesh: In a shocking incident, a 13-year-old lost his life while doing a prank that went too far. Police on Tuesday informed that the incident occurred when the noose accidentally got tightened, leading to his death. The teenager's mother, who is blind, was unable to come to his rescue, they added.
The boy was playing with his sisters
Mohammad Arif, police outpost in-charge of Kanshiram colony on Tuesday said that the incident took place on Sunday in Kanshiram colony of the Orai area here when the boy (13) was playing along with his two younger sisters.
Boy put a noose using a rope around his neck
According to Arif, the boy, while playing had put a piece of cloth over his eyes and then put a noose using a rope around his neck. The rope was tied to a window.
The boy was sitting on a small table and fell down when the table accidentally got pushed while playing. As a result, the noose got tightened around the boy's neck and he died, Arif added.
According to the local residents and police, the children's mother Sangita was heard saying that had she been able to see, her son would not have died.