To stay healthy, along with a healthy diet and physical activities, cleanliness is also important. The environment around us and our hygiene play an important role in keeping us healthy. Whenever it comes to personal hygiene, the first thought that comes to people's minds is bathing. While in summer people decide to take a bath without even thinking, in winter people shudder at the thought of taking a bath. People start bathing in hot water as soon as winter arrives. However, bathing with hot water can have many side effects. On the contrary, bathing with cold water instead of hot water will prove to be more beneficial for you.
Why choose cold water?
Many people believe that bathing with cold water in winter is harmful to health. However, according to health experts, bathing in cold water during winter is completely normal. This not only relieves muscle tension but also increases blood circulation and strengthens immunity. Let us know some of its 5 most important benefits.
- Helpful in increasing immunity: If you are surprised to hear this, then let us tell you that it is true. If you take a bath with cold water, the number of white blood cells in the body increases and the metabolism rate also increases. When you bathe with cold water, the body tries to keep itself warm and in this process, white blood cells are released, which strengthens the immunity.
- Helpful in relieving stress: Bathing with cold water has a positive effect on our mental health and improves the mood of the person. In this way, you will feel more relaxed after bathing in cold water.
- Improves blood circulation: When we take a bath with cold water, blood reaches all the parts of our body, so that we can stay warm. In this way, bathing with cold water strengthens the arteries and helps in reducing blood pressure. This way helps you stay healthy.
- Aids in faster recovery of muscles: Taking a cold water bath helps in getting relief from muscle pain. It works like cold compression.
- Beneficial for skin and hair: If you bathe with hot water in winter, it makes your skin dry and can cause skin irritation and rashes. Apart from this, there may also be a problem of dandruff in your hair. At the same time, if you take a bath with cold water, it is beneficial for the skin and hair.