Being put into bat at the Tony Ireland Stadium here, India scored 239 in 49.1 overs with Unmukt missing out on a century by just six runs. He scored 94 in 110 deliveries with six boundaries and four sixes. In reply, England were bowled out for 176 in 44.5 overs, with left—arm seamer Mohsin Sayyed scalping four for 31.
India were in a spot of bother when they were reduced to 108 for five, but a 90—run sixth wicket stand between Unmukt, who came in at one down, and S. Patel (53, 1x4, 3x6) steadied the ship. Skipper Adam Ball was the most successful bowler with figures of three for 39.
While chasing, Punjab medium—pacer Sandeep Sharma (3/32) dealt three quick blows as England were tottering at 65 for six within the first 20 overs. Sayyed then ran through the middle—order as England were never in contention.
Unmukt, who has already played 11 first—class matches, was adjudged man—of—the—match.
India U—19 239 in 49.1 overs (U Chand 94, S Patel 53, A Ball 3/31).
England U—19 176 in 44.5 overs (A Ball 39, M Sayyed 4/31, S Sharma 3/32).
From Our Network
- Chris Gayle's Sixer Breaks Girl's Nose In Bangalore
- IPL 2016: Major setback for KXIP as Shaun Marsh ruled out due to injury
- Leicester City wins EPL title for first time in 132-year history
- Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq blames former coach Waqar for team’s downfall
- Spectators sing the birthday tune for Virat Kohli in Mohali
- AgustaWestland scam: ‘AP’ note authentic, says Italy judge
- Panama Papers leak: After Bachchans, Ajay Devgan's name surfaces
- Rishi Kapoor talks about son Ranbir’s love affairs and prospective ‘daughter-in-law’
- Keenan-Reuben case: All 4 convicts awarded life imprisonment till death
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu