The message reads: “We mark the advent of the New Year under a pall of gloom, as the nation mourns the tragic loss of a brave young girl, who became the victim of a heinous crime.
“ Let us dedicate 2013 to improving the security and welfare of women in our country. Let us use this moment to introspect and earnestly seek ways in which we can address the mindset which lies at the root of such incidents in order that we may achieve dignity and equality for women in our country”, the message concludes.
From Our Network
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding
- Radhika Apte was offered sex comedies after ‘Badlapur’, thinks it’s because she ‘stripped’ in the thriller
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Revealed: Why Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif broke-up
- Revealed! Details of Karan and Bipasha’s first on screen appearance after wedding