The message reads: “We mark the advent of the New Year under a pall of gloom, as the nation mourns the tragic loss of a brave young girl, who became the victim of a heinous crime.
“ Let us dedicate 2013 to improving the security and welfare of women in our country. Let us use this moment to introspect and earnestly seek ways in which we can address the mindset which lies at the root of such incidents in order that we may achieve dignity and equality for women in our country”, the message concludes.
From Our Network
- Study raises concern over drug-resistant tuberculosis in children, says more than 20 lakh infected globally
- Pak PM Sharif wrote to 17 countries to scuttle India's NSG bid: Aziz
- Brexit 2.0: Iceland beat England out of Euro 2016
- Meet 24 beautiful ladies who inspired SRK in his 24 glorious years of cinema
- Twitterati shattered over Messi's abrupt decision to retire; sporting fraternity in shock