Leading politicians including President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi attended the Dussehra celebration at Delhi's Subhash Maidan, with Sonia Gandhi performing the aarti of Lord Rama and Laxmana.
Crowds thronged popular 'Ramlila' venues like the Lav-Kush and Shri Nav Dharmik Lila Committees in old Delhi and the Shri Ramlila Committee in Punjabi Bagh area of the city to catch the final episode of the dramatic re-enactment of the life of Lord Rama.
From Our Network
- Delhi to get 1,000 Wi-Fi hotspot spots by year end
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Did UK’s old outdo their young? Survey claims those who will live longest with decision never wanted to leave
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share stage with Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Watch: When Anil Kumble put country before self and bowled with a broken jaw