The Team also warned lawmakers that people were watching them.
The reaction came as Parliament was set to take up JD(U) Chief Sharad Yadav's notice for motion to censure members of Team Anna following their utterances against MPs.
“Will ‘good' MPs today stand by 162 MPs with criminal backgrounds or wud they demand cleansing of Parliament. Whole country would watch today,” prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal tweeted.
Another key member Kiran Bedi tweeted, “Can our Parliament while debating a resolution condemning Team Anna pass a creative/strategic vision of what Parliament ought to be and how?”
MPs in Lok Sabha had hit out at Team Anna yesterday for using derogatory language against Parliamentarians and political parties during Anna Hazare's one-day fast in Jantar Mantar on Sunday.
Defending himself, Kejriwal yesterday claimed that the current Parliament has a “serious problem of credibility” as there are 162 lawmakers having criminal records.
Bedi today said, “Parliament time is preciously expensive. It could be put to better use by resolving— parties wont give tickets to tainted candidates.” She said any government official with ‘doubtful integrity' is denied promotion and there is no such thing for MPs.
“Please listen to your voters appraisal,” she said. “We appeal to Parliament to pass a strategic vision which includes zero tolerance towards ‘Judicial-charged MPs'. It will help restore trust,” she added.
She also touched upon films having dialogues against politicians.
“How about total recall of dialogues of movies where politicians are shown corrupt/immoral and cleared by Censor Board. Any privilege against any one?
“When anti-corruption movement exposes stark realities, it is bitter truth and bound to hurt some entrenched mind sets. It is understandable,” she said.
From Our Network
- Kainchi Dham: The temple Steve Jobs advised Mark Zuckerberg to visit
- India should support our freedom struggle: Balochistan leader
- Ecuador death toll rises to 654, over 100 rescued
- Meet Kaushalya, the 58 year old worker safeguarding maternal health since 31 years in Himachal villages
- Govt revises format of OBC caste certificate
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- SRK’s ‘Fan’ disappoints at box office, ‘Jungle Book’ continues dream run
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait