After closure of five days for the Raksha Bandhan and Aadi 18th festival, the turmeric market assembled on Monday.
Price of both varieties of turmeric increased by Rs 500 a quintal of finger variety and Rs 700 a quintal of root variety turmeric.
“Such increase is due to low arrival,” said R.K.V.
Ravishankar,President of Erode Turmeric Merchants Association. He said they expected arrival of more than ten thousand bags on Monday, but only 7350 bags arrived.
Eighty per cent of the turmeric was sold. Of this 50 per cent was procured by exporters for their orders.
At the Erode Turmeric Merchants Association sales yard, the finger variety was sold at Rs 3836 to Rs 6845 a quintal, root variety Rs 3232 to Rs 6265 a quintal.
Salem crop: The finger variety fetched Rs 6455 to Rs 7585 a quintal; Root variety Rs 6265 to Rs 6899 a quintal.
The finger variety was sold at Rs 6566 to Rs 7099 a quintal and root variety Rs 6143 to Rs 6696 a quintal at the Regulated Marketing Committee.
At the Erode Cooperative marketing Society, the finger variety was sold at Rs 5960 to Rs 6877 a quintal and root variety Rs 5389 to Rs 6799 a quintal.
At the Gobichettipalayam Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Society, finger variety was sold at Rs 5011 to Rs 7000 and root variety at Rs 4911 to Rs 6379 a quintal.
From Our Network
- Meet Ramesh Babu, the billionaire barber who travels in Rolls Royce!
- LeEco launches smartphones without headphone jack and driverless super car
- Mobile buying guide: Top 7 display screens; all you need to know
- Combined losses for Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal breach Rs 5,000 cr mark
- Top 5 Bikes to Look Forward in 2016
- Shah Rukh Khan clears the air about working with Ranveer Singh
- Odd-even not a long-term remedy, Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time
- ‘So close yet so far’: Peter Mukerjea's love letter to Indrani on her birthday
- Did Daddy David stop Varun Dhawan from living-in with girlfriend Natasha?
- Aditya Pancholi’s wife Zarina Wahab talks about breaking 29-years-of marriage because of Kangana