Thursday, July 18, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Uttar Pradesh
  4. Greater Noida: Four of family found dead in closed room, police suspect suffocation due to gas leakage

Greater Noida: Four of family found dead in closed room, police suspect suffocation due to gas leakage

Greater Noida: The door of the room was locked from inside which was broken in the presence of the field unit of police. The smell of gas was coming from inside the room.

Reported By : Atul Bhatia Edited By : Sheenu Sharma
Greater Noida
Updated on: February 02, 2024 23:56 IST
noida, four dead due to suffocation in greater noida, Greater Noida, Four of family found dead, 4 de
Image Source : INDIA TV Greater Noida: Four of family found dead in closed room

Greater Noida news: At least four dead bodies were found lying in a closed room in Uttar Pradesh's Greater Noida today (February 2). The deceased were found inside their single-room rented accommodation in Tusyana village located within the Ecotech 3 police station limits, an officer said.

Four people, including a married couple, were found dead at their Noida residence on Friday, with suffocation believed to be the cause of their death, police said. They were identified as Chandresh Singh, his wife Nisha, brother Rajesh and sister Babli- all in their 20s- Assistant Commissioner of Police (Central Noida 3) Sumit Shukla said.

They were residents of Sarai Sikandra Rao district in Hathras.

The deceased have been identified as-

  1. Chandresh Singh son of Pappu Singh
  2. Rajesh Singh son of Pappu Singh
  3. Nisha wife of Chandresh Singh 
  4. Babli Singh daughter of Pappu Singh

"Police were alerted about the incident around 7:00 pm," he added.

The neighbours raised an alarm after a foul smell started emanating from the room, Shukla said. Police said the deceased, who hailed from Hathras district in Uttar Pradesh and were daily-wage earners, prima facie appeared to have died of suffocation.

"Apparently, they had kept potatoes on a gas stove for boiling in the kitchen area of the single-room residence on Thursday night and forgot to turn off the stove. Eventually, the gas leaked," Shukla told media.

The family members of the deceased have been contacted and further legal proceedings are underway, he added.

ALSO READ: Uttar Pradesh: 12th class girl shot at by brother on way to school in Ghaziabad

ALSO READ: Uttar Pradesh: 12 dead after dumper rams into auto-rickshaw in Shahjahanpur

Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Uttar Pradesh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement