New Delhi, Jul 13: Strongly condemning the terror attack in Mumbai, BJP today said that the terror war against India was still on and asked the government to take a determined stand to deal with the menace.
“We strongly condemn this dastardly attack. This is a deliberate attack on Mumbai which has been targeted by anti-Indian forces,” BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
He said the attacks proved that the war against India through terrorism still continued.
“We need to investigate if there are any links to Pakistan,” he said.
“We need to send a strong signal against terror. We demand that the government should take proper care to prevent such attacks. We need to take terror head on,” Javadekar said, adding that merely issuing red alerts will not suffice.
“A big machinery had been put in place (by the government) after the 26/11 attacks but it seems to be clueless on what is going on. A strong political will and determination is needed to fight terror,” he said.
In reply to a question, Javadekar said that not hanging those who have been given capital punishment for terror acts seemed to give encouragement to terrorists for carrying out such attacks.
Sympathising with the next of kin of those killed and the injured in the serial blasts, Javadekar said BJP activists were working closely with the authorites to provide help to all injured.
In Mumbai, a spokesperson for Shiv Sena said drastic action was required to stop the menace of terror in India.
Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi condemning the serial blasts said that the blasts aapear to be the rehearsal for a major terror strike in India.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) condemned today's Mumbai blasts and has requested the citizens of Mumbai to remain calm and help the agencies to maintain law and order.
“Citizens are advised not to touch anything unidentified and report suspicious and unclaimed goods to the police,” said Mahesh Tapase, spokesperson, NCP Maharashtra.
“Citizens are also requested not to believe in any type of rumours and not to forward such messages. Police is doing their best to maintain the safety of everybody,” he said.
Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi said the terror attacks deserved condemnation from all.
BJP leaders Eknath Khadse, Vinod Tawde and Devendra Phadanvis visited all the blast sites.
Phadanvis told PTI that situation at Opera House and Zaveri Bazaar was more serious than at Dadar.
Khadse appealed people to not believe in rumours, help the police and maintain peace. He also urged citizens to come forward and donate blood to the needy.
Congress general secretary Sanjay Dutt said party functionaries have been asked to reach out to the victims at hospitals, provide them all assistance and also make arrangements for blood bottles. PTI