A recent study has revealed that people who feel immense anxiety on seeing bubbles on their coffee are suffering from a peculiar phobia known as Trypophobia. It has a strong existence in people around the world and many individuals are scared of round, blister like things. This happens because most of the infectious diseases are known to be caused by round bacterium or virus. And the symptoms of these diseases like chicken pox, measles, ringworm are in the form of round blisters. This makes the round and blistery things look creepy to humans by default. Today’s let’s raise the curtain from some amazing facts about Typophobia.
- According to the definition, Trypophobia is a fear of holes or to say precisely, it is the fear of cluster of holes at the same place. If the given picture sends a chill down your spine, then you might be a secret sufferer of this phobia.
- Some doctors and specialist still believe that there is no such fear of holes. Although, many people around the world have claimed to have this phobia.
- People who suffer from this phobia tend to get nauseous at the sight of clustered holes or blisters. Many people who have diagnosed themselves with this phobia made separate pages and groups to discuss the symptoms with like people.
- Symptoms of typophobia includes strong discomfort and itchiness on seeing anything with a cluster of holes or blisters. Lotus seed pods, a sponge, wasp nest, etc can trigger the symptoms in a person suffering from this phobia.
- There no diagnostic tests to detect trypophobia. You can diagnose this phobia only by analysing your reaction on seeing such pictures with lot of holes and blisters.
- Patients of typophobia can lead a normal life just like anybody. However, they cannot come in contact with anything that has a lot of holes in it. Even seeing such a picture can throw a trypophobic into a panic attack. Whether the hole are in non-living or living objects, a trypophobic will react.
For more Lifestlye news click here