The preview offer by Reliance Jio, one of the most awaited launches of the year, that includes attractive data and calling offers among others, can now be availed by all Andriod smartphones in India. The preview offer could initially be availed only by Samsung and LYF smartphone users.
According to tech blog TechPP, any smartphone user can follow some simple steps to generate a code to get a Jio 4G SIM.
- First download the MyJio App from the Google play store.
- Open the app. There you will see a button saying "Download all" to download all Jio apps. Click on it.
- Once you have finished downloading all the Jio apps, close the MyJio app.
- Now disconnect from WiFi and switch off the mobile data.
- Then open the MyJio app again and click on the open button near MyJio. You will see a button called "Get A SIM".
This has been possible due to a small bug that has been reported, forcing some stores to ask for the IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) number.
However, many users have reported that they were able to use the SIM in smartphones other than Samsung and LYF without any problem.
Meanwhile, Jio has also released an update to their app which has made it difficult to recreate the code on any phone. However, if you have an older version of MyJio app, you can still try and generate the code and get a Reliance Jio 4G SIM.
Jio Preview offer will let users to enjoy unlimited 4G internet along with unlimited VoLTE voice calling and unlimited SMS anywhere within India for a period of 90 days. The offer also provides exclusive access to Jio premium apps for 90 days.
Reliance Jio already has more than 1.5 million subscribers and will be commercially launched within the next three months.